Monday, January 11, 2010

New Years Resolution

We've made it to 2010, another holiday season gone by in the blink of a jolly old elf's eye.
The only traces of Christmas that remain in our house are a plate of crumbled sugar cookies and a wilted poinsettia.
Sounds depressing when I reread it, but it's a time to look ahead to all the new adventures and old traditions this year will bring.

This is my new years resolution, I'm going to try and do this once a month. Only 12 times a year, that's do able right??? I'll give it my best.

I feel like the 2 bundles of joy I just brought home from the hospital are growing too fast. I know I'm guilty of wishing away time and saying it'll
be sooo nice he can hold the bottle, when she can sit up by herself, when they are both out of diapers. And now here I am with 2 potty trained
children who are much closer to being school agers then babies. As the days roll on it's the memories of my babies that become a little hazy. I'm hoping
this blog will be something our family can look back on fondly and remember when we all were young :)

A little bit about the babies:

Biscuit
Weighing in at 6lbs 12oz at birth, he stole our hearts. In the first few days, Brian and I would fight over who got to hold him on the couch at night.True to his Scorpio sign, his temperament can turn on a dime, and true to his gender, he's all boy, anything with wheels, sharp teeth or has some sort of engine holds his attention for endless periods of time. Both of us being saddled with the role of first born, I already see shared traits developing. He overly worries, about being his sisters keeper, about whether his peers will like him, about making mistakes. How can these things weigh so heavily on someone has only been on the earth a 1/2 decade? At the end of the day though, he will still come and snuggle with you on the couch, or give you a bear hug when your feeling down. At 5 years of age he already grasps the concept of empathy, I hope he holds onto that forever.


Add ImageCricket
Taking my cue for her birth date prediction, she made her grand entrance at 7:14 am on 10/10/06. And she was not at all what I was expecting. I had in my mind the image of a little, petite, delicate flower of girl, who was meek and mild, you know like the ones in the Norman Rockwell paintings.
This girl was strong and vibrant and came into the world hitting an octave above high C. She has a presence that attracts your attention like something shiny in a store window. Cricket, lives every day with indomitable effervescence, simply put she at 3 years of age she gets what most of us in our 30's are still struggling with, "The world is your oyster, yours for the taking, TAKE IT ALREADY!" But make no mistake, if you hear crickets chirping you better go find her, she was born with the mentality of it's better to ask for forgiveness then permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment