Thursday, March 18, 2010

Finally Posting February

I know what your all thinking... she's a big talker in January about this blog every month thing, but when February rolls around...

First let me say February was a more of a blur then a month.  My hard drive died in late January and I seriously had a hard time with that... yes, seriously. I felt like my coworker died. This machine and I are almost literally joined at the hip for 9 hours a day. That's more time then I spend with either my husband or my kids Monday thru Friday. I know all of it's quirks, how long it takes to open a file in Illustrator, the little warnings you get (and choose to ignore) before a program crashes on you. And it wasn't until all that was gone that I realized I considered my hard drive to be a person and was seriously grief stricken and furious that this person would just go and die on me without evening letting me know there was anything wrong!  It wasn't the information I was upset about losing, it was the relationship. Ok, I know I just lost 99% of you with those last 2 sentences, and some of you are probably copying this into an email bound for Dr. Phil. But that is how I felt. My husband, who was utterly dumbfounded at his wife's reaction to having a machine stop working, was a saint throughout the whole ordeal. Staying up til 12am several nights in a row trying to bring it back to life, and sending me out to the bar with Lisa, so I could drown my sorrows in vodka sours. I have a new hard drive now, it's kind of like an arranged marriage, we are getting to know each other
and so far it's going well.

Secondly February was our sick month. We are fairly healthy most of the year, but as soon as the Christmas decorations come down, I know it's coming, and the bomb dropped in February. Thank God for the invention of the Quick Clinic. Neither of my children get sick during normal business hours, nor are they accommodating enough to warn me 48hrs in advance so I can book a decent apt with our family doctor. And that is where "Lobster" Doctor comes in. Dr. James Martineau, better know to our family as Lobster Doctor, decreed as such because he set up shop in Corbon's, where they have live lobsters in the meat department. (And obvious connection of the dots for a 3 and 5 year old.) Seriously, him and receptionist Amy know us by name. We had one week where at least 1 member of the Bumgarner household had been to the quick clinic 5 out of those 7 days.

When we weren't mourning over technology, recovery from strep, allergic reactions or ear infections. We did manage to get out and have some fun.  


Hockey Skates with Pink Laces
I wish I had a river so long, I would teach my feet to fly, Oh I wish I had a river, I could skate away on... (Name that song)

Santa dropped off a new pair of Hockey Skates with pretty pink laces for Cricket. She did a good job her first time out. Proud papa was skating around like a peacock watching his future wing forward slowly shuffle her way across the ice.



Swimming at the Pool 

Biscuit has become quit the fish over the last 6 months. He was eager to say "Goodbye" to that cumbersome life jacket, and explore the deeper waters. He has all but perfected his cannonball, and can't wait til the ice is off the lake (regardless of the temp) so he can doggy paddle the day away.

  


Cricket's First Trip to the Dentist
Normally, I wouldn't include this in the "Fun" section, but somehow Biscuit and Cricket view going to
the dentist as Exciting, and a good way to spend a Friday morning.
Cricket had a great 1st experience at the dentist. Props to the ever patient hygienist, who gave unlimited up and down rides in the in the chair, let cricket spray her in the face with the "rinsing gun" and sat for a good 8 minutes while she decided which Disney characters toothbrush she would adopt as her own.

 Finally, it should be noted that at 5 years of age, my Biscuit has made it know that he no longer needs me to go into the dentist room with him, he's a big boy, has been doing this for years now (2 years) and would prefer that cute hygienist think that his status is "single" and not "living with my mother".



(**Last Months Song was - "At the Zoo, By Simon & Garfunkel")

3 comments:

  1. Too fun Andie! This is a great update on your little cuties! My official guess on your song lyric trivia is "The River" by Sarah McLachlan although I think she covered it but by whom I'm not sure. :) Looking forward to the next post! (Next month???)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hooray, you got february done, and it was just as entertaining as january :) sorry for your loss (mac) but seems as if you are going through the stages of grief pretty quickly.
    and when she outgrows those skates, keep us in mind, i'll buy them! :) although she is more of an ice dancer type in her preference right now...
    ready for march!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Must be the time for dentist visits for 3 year olds! I just posted about it too! Can't wait to see you more often at the cabin!

    ReplyDelete